Total Pageviews

Thursday 12 April 2012

7 days left!

I can't Adam-N-Eve it; 7 days left in sunny, quiet Shela...Time moved so slowly in the beginning I thought I'd be here forever. Now here I am, with a week to go, till I return to the delights of West London...

What have I learnt in my time in Shela, Lamu:


  • I am city woman through and through
  • Mosquito's get on my fucking nerves (but I knew that already)
  • I can't live full-time in a Muslim society as dodgy as England is on the whole I prefer it
  • Be more specific when asking the universe for what I want/desire
  • That I can't miss my nephew Marcellous formative years 11-18 yrs
  • I don't like a society that doesn't support its people e.g. no Welfare State here, gotta pay for hospital etc
  • That there are good and nasty people wherever you go in the world
  • A lovely place to be creative e.g. me writing my poetry
  • To speak slower when English is a person's 2nd, 3rd or 4th language
  • That I loved being amongst the Blacks of Uganda I felt so at home
  • That I do embrace the speed of the internet in London and am very happy I have access to it
  • I love living in a tropical climate

There's more stuff I reconfirmed about myself

No comments:

Post a Comment