Total Pageviews

Monday 27 February 2012

Went fishing...

3 or 4 days ago Jeremy and I went fishing in the open sea (not the bay) with our friend Shay and his 2 friends; Micheal and Claude.

The sea was real choppy, however I took it in my stride - I thought the sea was supposed to behave like that (not being being a veteran sea-woman).  
 The wind blew hard, making 4-5ft waves causing our boat to bob about; akin to an out of control roller-coaster.  

I got thoroughly soaked, I stopped screaming after 10 soakings.  I hooked 5 fish, in my excitement 2 got away, 2 were too strong for me to reel in.  I think one might of been a shark and the 5th like the rest ate my bait and scarped.

I put squid bait on my hook a first for me, that didn't increase my luck or knack to actually land a fish.  



After fishing we sailed to Manda Island another beautiful slice of paradise, I did a little swimming but spent most of my time looking for shells and coral to bring home to friends I felt would be feeling Mother-nature in this magical land.

Our Captain and his Mate cooked the fish they and Shay caught; red and green snapper, coconut rice, delicious gravy with potatoes.  For desert we tucked into;  bananas, paw-paw, passion fruit, real oranges just like Jamaican ones (not artificial coloured oranges)it was one of the best meals I've ever eaten.

No comments:

Post a Comment